My number one value is CARING. For me, caring is why I was given space on this planet to live my life.
As a health care practitioner we commit to a life of caring for others in the best possible manner, no matter what circumstances we find ourselves in.
Caring not only for every client we see, but also for our support team is paramount .
Someone once said …
“People don’t care how much you know, until they know how much you care (for them)”
Very successful busy practices have something in common … they all have caring team members who act as people magnets to attract happy clients who refer. It’s a magical formula.
I developed the 5Cs model below to explain to seminar participants the major areas we need to cover in our communication with others, to make caring paramount.
- Adjustment modification to suit the client
- Client communication recognising auditory, visual, kinesthetic personalities
- Mirror and matching the behavioural style of the client either driver/director, analytical/thinker, amiable/relator or socialiser/expressive
- Clinic atmosphere and ambience
- Reminders, birthday cards, thank you cards, etc.
- Fun in-house promotions
- Has a care plan
- Is on time
- Is following their care plan
- Is responsible for their health
- Client’s health is paramount
- Is on time
- Is educating every client at every opportunity
- Does whatever it takes to support the client
- Has a continuing education program
- Takes regular holidays to maintain own health
- Clear decisions – Yes/No based
- Voice tonality is positive
- Facial expression is clear
- Body language is directive
- Always totally present
- Is magnetic
- Wants to improve health
- Knows what is happening during care (no hesitation)
- Expectation of getting well is clear
- Understands benefits of chiropractic
- Caring and focused always
- Adjustments always first class
- Care plan for every client
- X-ray and scanning every client
- Quality analysis
- Every visit is important and the client is cared for as a VIP
- Smooth flow between practitioner and client
- Timing is everything
- Patient education never stops
- Reminders, birthday cards, promotions, thank you cards
- Flowers, gifts for special clients special life happenings
- Knows that they are always welcome and cared for as a VIP
- Knows if they refer a family member or friend they will be cared for in the same loving and caring way
About the Author
Dr John Hinwood is the CEO and a Principal Mentor at the Centre for Powerful Practices, which he founded with his wife Judy in 1991. He has an extensive client base worldwide, and publishes a weekly newsletter called Practice Pointer which is emailed to over 20,000 practitioners around the world.
As an international speaker he inspires his audiences into taking practical action steps to move their lives to new levels. His perspectives, humour, observations, insights into life and entertaining stories are from the heart and they inspire and motivate people into taking positive action steps.
He is the author of the international best seller “You Can… Expect A Miracle” the book to change your life which is available atwww.YouCanExpectAMiracle.com.