Whilst a certain level of stress can be helpful in increasing your productivity and performance, increasing amounts can start to impact your life negatively, when it exceeds your ability to cope and adapt to it.
Below is a list of three common sources of stress that come up for many of our coaching clients with possible solutions for each:
- LACK OF CLARITY
Action Step(s) :
– Get clear on your Life’s Highest Values.
– Are you living in accordance with them? If not, why not?
– Choose between your conflicting values.
- LACK OF TIME
– Reflect again on your Values.
– How are you currently spending your time?
– Is this time you are spending fulfilling your highest Values? If not, why not?
– Look at ways you are currently managing your time.
– Build in a concept of “Margin Time” or a buffer of time into your life.
– Set and honour clear boundaries.
- LACK OF MONEY
Thoughts lead to feelings. Feelings lead to Actions. Actions lead to Results.
– Reflect on your current “programming” around money and rich people when you were young.
– Write down how you believe these statements have affected your financial life so far.
– Write down new empowering thoughts about wealth and the benefits that wealth would provide.
– Read these new empowering thoughts daily.
There will always be obstacles, challenges and factors that are outside of your control. By taking some simple steps, you can minimise the effect that counter-productive stress has on your level of success, health and happiness.
Reference: Syllabus 8