When clients come to our Offices they come to get well. Often part of their healing process is to feel emotionally safe and be able to share with us a story or an event that they can tell us about in a totally non judgemental safe place. This process often allows the client to release negative energy that assists greatly with the healing process.
The Golden Rules we must observe on every client visit are:
- Have ELEPHANT EARS…be an exceptional attentive listener.
- Keep your mouth shut, just be present for the client.
- Remember, often client’s want to share their thoughts, ideas, news and problems with us. They don’t care about our problems.
- If you feel you need to talk, talk about chiropractic, accentuating something special that is connected to the client’s recovery.
- “I hear you Annette, I know exactly how you feel, this has happened to me also.”
- Share your feelings, don’t “dump” your past experiences on the patient.
Observing the Golden Rules will see your new patient referrals grow.