In speaking with Chiropractors, there is a prevailing myth among many that say:
“Marketing online is very expensive and too technical for me.”
Maybe you are among those who believe this to be true. I can relate, I am one of those people who resisted as well.
There certainly was a time years ago that this belief held some validity but in today’s reality, that is no longer the case.
So today, I want to show those of you who have avoided going online to market your practice, three very simple and inexpensive things you can put into place to get started.
Why do I need to go online?
Perhaps another reason Chiropractors resist marketing their practice online is because they simply don’t feel the need to. In other words, what’s the point, especially if I am already busy?
Here are few good reasons to join in the fun:
- You can build rapport quicker when the prospective client has had a chance to see your practice and photo, read your background story and related information on your site.
- You can educate your community (and the world for that matter) about chiropractic to a greater degree.
- It is an extremely inexpensive way to market compared to advertising in newspapers, yellow pages, etc.
- Having a website or online presence provides an additional level of trust for your business and provides added value in many ways.
What do I need to get started?
If you have never considered putting your practice online before and don’t know where to begin, here are 3 easy and inexpensive starting points:
1. Website – a website can provide people with:
- Contact information and hours of operation
- Information about the practice and your team
- Education on chiropractic or specific health concerns
- The ability to book online
- A blog
- Social media contacts and/or feeds
No, you do not need to spend $20,000 to build a professional looking website unless you really want to! A widely used website creator that is easy to work with is WordPress and it has many high-quality, free templates to choose from.
There is a small cost for selecting a domain name (your website address) and a host for your website. GoDaddy is an example of a company that can provide both of these for you.
2. Facebook Page – with over 2 billion monthly active users on Facebook currently, you simply need to have a Facebook Page which can:
- Help you regularly engage with, educate, and entertain people who like your Page
- Show contact and practice information
- Redirect people to your website
Remember that you will need to set up an individual Facebook profile for yourself first. Your Facebook Page for your business will then link up to your profile. Both your profile and Page are free.
Note: Something to be aware of is that there has been an ongoing decrease in the number of people who can see your posts in their newsfeed. Recent changes to Facebook’s algorithm will likely further this unless you advertise through Facebook or find ways to engage people who like your Page in meaningful conversations. Fortunately, advertising costs are still very economical with Facebook.
3. Email – email is another way to stay in contact with people who have subscribed to your email list or are clients.
It is a great way to deliver:
- Welcome to our practice letters or videos
- Product specials
- Updates about your practice or blog
- Continuous education
It is also an easy way for many people to contact your practice.
You can use a service like MailChimp that has many marketing features and has a free option to help get you started. These services are usually able to integrate/link up with your website and Facebook pages to help you keep everything connected.
One Small Step…
Getting started can be daunting but it is well worth the effort. The three tools above are both low-cost/free and all three sites make it very easy for a technically-challenged Chiropractor or CA to get underway.
There are a thousand other applications and tools that you can add in to your online marketing mix but I wanted to give you the absolute basics here today to help get you started.
Did you like this article?
Learn about our upcoming Webinar series Profitable Practice Blueprint where we cover some easy to follow Internal and External Practice marketing techniques.
Click here to learn more about Online Learning.