Expansion – Other Dimensions In Chiropractic Practice
Once you have a track to run on, the next step is to develop your mission statement and strong policies and procedure manuals with a sound support team around you.
Measuring your outcomes through simple practice statistics will assist you to track your path toward your dream practice.
‘Record-keepers are Record-breakers…’
Greater focus on chiropractic philosophy will enhance your practice communication which is a key to your long-term success.
Index for Expansions
- General Policies And Administrative Policy
- Procedural Manuals And Duties
- Your Practice Fee Schedule And Collection Procedures
- Your Practice Growth Statistics
- Why Do You Need Regular Team / Staff Alignment Meetings?
- Communication In Your Practice
- Your Team’s Mission Statement
- Creating Your Own Award-winning Team
- Your Patient Education Program
1. DO YOU HAVE GENERAL CLINIC POLICIES AND AN ESTABLISHED ADMINISTRATIVE POLICY?
For a successful practice with repeatable outcomes, policies and procedures are the train tracks your practice runs on. If you don’t make the rules, your staff and patients will do it for you, and it may not be going where you want to go.
- Do You Have Clinic Policies On? ( A large list of common policy areas )
- Your Clinic’s Office Administrative Policy
- Your Clinic’s General Office Policies
2. PROCEDURAL MANUALS AND TEAM DUTY ROSTERS YOU CAN INSTANTLY DOWNLOAD, CUSTOMISE AND USE NOW.
Edwards Demming, the father of systems-based business said… “96% of business failures are systems failures, not people failures.” Can you take unlimited holidays knowing that the clinic systems you have in place allow you to do this?
- Your Clinic’s Procedure Manuals & Duties
- Your Clinic’s Back CA or Technical CA duties
- Job Description -Office Manager
- Job Description – Chiropractic Assistant
- Job Description – Trainee Chiropractic Assistant
- Your Clinic’s Chiropractic Assistant Duties
- Your Clinic’s Office Manager Duties
- Duties When two Chiropractic Assistants are Sharing Front Desk & Support Roles
- Your Clinic’s Daily & Weekly Duties
- Your Clinic’s Grocery Supplies Checklist
- Your Clinic’s Stationery Supplies Checklist
- Office Manager Duties – Hours
- Cleaning Duties
- X-ray Processor – Cleaning Instructions
- Your Clinic’s Associate Procedural Manual
- Your Clinic’s Locum Procedural Manual
3. YOUR PRACTICE FEE SCHEDULE AND COLLECTION PROCEDURES
As Dr James W. Parker said , “Money is a by-product of services rendered to the patient.” Are you collecting a fair fee in exchange for the outstanding services you offer your community?
The sample fee schedules and collection letters will guide you in an internal audit of this most important part of your practice.
- Fees Schedule 1
- Fees Schedule 2
- Recommended Care for Optimal Spinal Correction
- Affordable Savings Program
- Schedule of Special VIP Fees
- Wellness Care Fee System for Families
- Schedule of Fees – In House
- Collection Letters
- Collection Reminder Letter
- Collection Inquiry Letter
- Collection Appeal Letter
- Collection Demand Letter
- Letter of Credit Delinquency
4. YOUR PRACTICE GROWTH STATISTICS ‘RECORD-KEEPERS ARE RECORD-BREAKERS’
OK. Why is it so important to statistically track your practice? Which statistics are even relevant? Successful practitioners rely on statistics to help guide the business side of their practice. Statistics allow you to monitor what your actual collections are (the money you put in the bank) vs your services rendered (the money you should be putting in the bank!!).
Your ‘new patient volume’ is a direct reflection of your patient education and procedures.
Your ‘patient retention rate’ is an accurate measurement of how well you have implemented proven procedures.
Your ‘patient visit average’ shows how well your patients are following through with their care. To work out your “PVA” follow this example:
PVA = OV/NP (Where OV = regular office visits and NP= new patients)
eg. OV=180, NP=6; PVA = 180/6 = 30
You will learn how to calculate your case average, office visit average, and understand more about your accounts receivable. You will discover the hidden statistical factors that will enable you to either thrive or struggle in practice. Don’t be caught by the dreaded call from your bank manager … “Where’s the cash?”
- Understand Your Statistics
- Interpreting the Statistical Terminology
- Weekly Statistical Record
- Analysis of Practice
- Tracking Your Practice
- Computer End of Shift Statistics
5. WHY DO YOU NEED REGULAR TEAM / STAFF ALIGNMENT MEETINGS?
How to implement and organize these productive and vital meetings to enrich your whole practice.
- Team Alignment Meerings
- Team Meeting Record
- Team Meeting Minutes
- Powerful Practices Team Ethics
- Brainstorming – Edward De Bono
- Brainstorming Summary
- Steps to Achieving a Team Task
- Managing from the Heart
- Chiropractor and Chiropractic Assistants’ Commitment
- Principal Chiropractor and Associate Chiropractors’ Commitment
- Principal Chiropractor and Locum Chiropractors’ Commitment
- A Flock of Geese
- Do We Have as Much Sense as a Goose?
- Leadership – Some of the Great Leaders Have Said
- Leadership Booklist
6. COMMUNICATION IN YOUR PRACTICE
How you communicate with your patients is paramount for practice success. Your patients don’t need to know how much you know – they need to know how much you CARE.
- Our Patients Are Important
- Eye Communication
- I Care Attitude
- Words Can Promote a Response Every Time
- Checklist for Chiropractic Assistants
- Watch Your Language
- Oh You Do Look Tired
- If You Wear Out Your Body Where Are You Going To Live?
- Suggested Guide for Personal Communication
- Werner Erhard Quote
- Maslow’s Hierarchy of Needs
7. YOUR TEAM’S MISSION STATEMENT
This is an unbelievably powerful tool that will energize and focus your team on practice outcomes. This is where your team building starts.
- Sample Mission Statements of Powerful Practices Members Practices
- Your Business Mission Statement
- Mission Statement Worksheet
- Mission Statement: Formulating Your Team’s Mission
- Mission Statement Criteria Sheet
8. CREATING YOUR OWN AWARD-WINNING TEAM
This article by Dr Hinwood examines aspects of service and mutual respect that make a team awesome. If you want to enjoy 4, 6, 8, 10 weeks’ holidays EVERY YEAR, you need to have an award-winning team around you to run your practice, while you are there and while you are away. Remember, first-class people hire their equals or better!
- Creating Your Award Winning Team
9. YOUR PATIENT EDUCATION PROGRAM: HEALTHCARE CLASSES, CREATING HEALTH WORKSHOP, SPECIAL APPOINTMENTS
Whatever you call these classes, the goal is to help the patient understand their personal chiropractic care program within the context of chiropractic philosophy. They will also be inspired by information about the other key health factors which they can influence.
Nutrition and diet: ‘You are what you eat’.
Emotional and Inner Health
Their Fantastic Nervous System
By the way, many chiropractors find that by regularly conducting these classes they develop a much deeper understanding of what their patients need and want. It adds to the chiropractor’s passion and focus, and patients deeply appreciate the extra effort their chiropractor is making.
Here your patients, their families and friends can meet together in a small group setting that encourages discussion about their specific health care questions. One of the outcomes of this, invariably, is more new patients for your practice. Not only more new patients, but, most new and existing patients who attend, love the involvement and interaction during the evening.
- Creating Health Workshop Outline 1
- Creating Health Workshop Outline 2
- Creating Health Workshop Outline 3
- Creating Health Workshop Outline 4
- Creating Health Workshop Outline 5
- Creating Health Workshop Outline 6
- Creating Health Workshop Invitation
- Creating Health Workshop Notice
- Creating Health Workshop Coming Up Notice
- Creating Health Workshop Special Appointment Register
- Creating Health Workshop – Topics for Discussion
- Creating Health Workshop – Seasonal Suggestions for Topics
Our suggested book list will enable you to connect with a huge resource of collective thoughts and ideas from timeless classics.
You will be able to immediately read a brief review of your book choice and you will be able to order online right now.